Heavy snow forces towns to cancel clean up days
May 18, 2017
Due to heavy snowfall, Breckenridge, Dillon, Frisco and Silverthorne have cancelled their respective town clean up days, which were originally scheduled for Saturday, May 20.
Frisco has rescheduled its clean up day and volunteer appreciation barbecue for Sunday, June 4. Volunteer sign ups will begin at 9 p.m. in front of the Historic Park and Museum, and the barbecue will begin at 11:30 a.m.
Breckenridge, Dillon and Silverthorne, meanwhile, will be offering clean up supplies to residents who would still like to pick up trash over the next week. Bags and gloves will be available Monday through Friday at the Breckenridge Public Works offices, the Silverthorne Recreation Center and at Dillon Town Hall.
Town staff will collect filled trash bags as long as they are left on the side of the road by 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 27.
The county will still be hosting its free electronics, pharmaceutical and household hazardous waste disposal and recycling event on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Summit Stage Bus Barn located 0222 County Shops Road.
A list of accepted items can be found at co.summit.co.us or by calling 970-468-9263
Trending In: Local
- Wildfire updates from across Colorado
- Some residents ‘skeptical’ of Silverthorne’s plans to slow traffic downtown
- Summit County’s animal shelter makes sure no pet is left behind when wildfire hits
- Hey, Spike! enjoys seeing locals, visitors and touring artists
- Ask Eartha: Is drought the new normal for the Mountain West?