Heidi Gruber named Mountain Mentor of the Month
August 29, 2018
Summit County Mountain Mentors has named Heidi Gruber its Mentor of the Month. Gruber was paired with mentee Karla, and the two have hit it off wonderfully.
"One of my favorite parts (of mentoring) is the shared joy between Karla and I in all the different adventures that happen," Gruber said. "Even if the adventure doesn't necessarily turn out the way we want or plan, we still have so much fun going through the experience together, learning about each other and more about ourselves."
Gruber said she and Karla's favorite activity so far has been double kayaking on Lake Dillon, followed up by a trip to the farmer's market. Gruber encourages others to volunteer to be a mentor and share the great experience she and Karla have had.
"If someone is considering become a mentor, I highly encourage them to apply," Gruber said. "It is an incredible opportunity to build a relationship with the youth of the community."
Trending In: Local
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Keystone Resort changes up parking situation in advance of opening day
- Friends of the Dillon Ranger District to host second annual Casino Night fundraiser on Feb. 7
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor