Hey, Spike! rounds up colorful names and faces
September 6, 2013
Those Summit County fall colors are just around the proverbial corner now that we've passed a glorious laborious holiday.
Hey, Spike! has spotted out and about in recent social scenes these personalities:
Ann Lukacs, Debbie and Gary Martin, Mary and Harold Wilson, Marianna and Bill Duford, Ada and Harold Anderson, Tom Hronek, BJ McCarthy, Michelle "Mic" Koster, Dave Patterson, Gary and Dawn Sonnett, Cindy Beer and Paul Austin, Alicia Dunn, Christy Eble, Heidi and Dick Roy, Janis and Cliff Eldredge, Jeanne Brown, Dorta McNaul, Phil Barker and Karen Levin, Brenda Herman, Linda Simon, Trygve Berge (that real son of Norway), Karin Bearnarth, Valerie Weber and Rob Philippe, Maryann and Jim Anunziata, Teresa Silcox and Eric Fisher, Amy Smits, Lauren and John Fisher, Cynthia and Bill Starr, Anne and Frank Amoroso, Carolyn and John Jordan, JB Besterfeldt, Kim Dykstra-DiLallo, Graeme Johnston, Leon Joseph Littlebird, Mary and Nick Logan, Amy and Bill Gibson, Chris and Maya Eby, Jen Shelton, Steve Immer, Pat Butler, Jan Butler Moss, Bernie Gitt, Jim Saylor, Nancy Peterson, Jerry Stein, Vicki Machanic and Dave Barton, Tony DiLallo, Bill Spady, Ginger Knudsen, and Jeremy Smith and Kirsten Lassen-Smith.
Hosting the 2013 reunion of University of Illinois Phi Mu sorority sisters in Breckenridge was local Lynn Kobelt.
"We've been having these reunions since 2002 when we rented a house here in Breckenridge," says Lynn.
Recommended Stories For You
These ladies have met regularly in places such as New York City, Santa Barbara, Palm Springs, Cancun, Santa Fe, and will return to Mexico in 2015, Lynn says.
Back for a respite from the summer heat of Scottsdale recently was Sandy Greenhut, who was spotted walking Old Main Street Frisco with Bev Breakstone, the county assessor.
Dillon's Lord of the Mountains Lutheran Church has selected Rev. Stephanie Kopsch to succeed the recently-retired Joe Holub. She starts Nov. 1.
The LOTM Call Committee consisted of Peggy Hiller, Rachel Blackwell, Rose Mary Grove, Paul Hage, Bill Musolf, Peggy Neville, and Doug Sims.
The interim pastor, Rev. Bev Piro, is the wife of Denver's newest planning department manager, Rocky Piro.
Congrats to all.
Miles F. Porter IV, nicknamed "Spike," a Coloradan since 1949, is an Army veteran, former Climax miner, graduate of Adams State College, and a local since 1982. An award-winning investigative reporter, he and wife Mary E. Staby owned newspapers here for 20 years. Email your social info to email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Colorado Association of Ski Towns releases report to spur transportation changes in resort communities
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- A nationally known champion of Native American art, Nancy Blomberg loved Breckenridge’s landscape
- Williams Sonoma outlet coming to Silverthorne this fall
- Frisco child pornography trial hinges on disturbing images, chain of custody for digital evidence