Hope on the Slopes cancer fundraiser at Breckenridge Ski Resort Saturday, Feb. 25
February 23, 2017
The Hope on the Slopes returns to Breckenridge Ski Resort for the 12th year on Saturday, Feb. 25, to offer skiers and snowboarders a chance to help raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society.
The annual event allows individuals and teams to compete for prizes from companies like K2 and GoPro by logging the most vertical feet over a period of six hours. Friends, family and colleagues are encouraged to form teams to make every run count toward the battle against cancer.
Participants need to register online at hopeontheslopes.org where they will also be eligible for discounted lift tickets and ski and snowboard equipment rentals. Price per entrant is $35 whether an individual or member of a team. Once registered, attendees will sign-in on Saturday at 7 a.m. in the DoubleTree hotel, where a continental breakfast will be served so attendees can fuel up to fight for the cure.
Opening ceremonies begin at 8:30 a.m. and the competition runs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. A reception and closing ceremony follows from 4-6 p.m. with awards, photos, raffle, silent auction, cash bar and more. Those interested in helping but not able to attend the event may also donate online at the Hope on the Slopes website.
Trending In: Local
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Misjudgments led to avalanche that killed Longmont man in southwestern Colorado, according to report