Hope on the Slopes cancer fundraiser at Breckenridge Ski Resort Saturday, Feb. 25
February 23, 2017
The Hope on the Slopes returns to Breckenridge Ski Resort for the 12th year on Saturday, Feb. 25, to offer skiers and snowboarders a chance to help raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society.
The annual event allows individuals and teams to compete for prizes from companies like K2 and GoPro by logging the most vertical feet over a period of six hours. Friends, family and colleagues are encouraged to form teams to make every run count toward the battle against cancer.
Participants need to register online at hopeontheslopes.org where they will also be eligible for discounted lift tickets and ski and snowboard equipment rentals. Price per entrant is $35 whether an individual or member of a team. Once registered, attendees will sign-in on Saturday at 7 a.m. in the DoubleTree hotel, where a continental breakfast will be served so attendees can fuel up to fight for the cure.
Opening ceremonies begin at 8:30 a.m. and the competition runs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. A reception and closing ceremony follows from 4-6 p.m. with awards, photos, raffle, silent auction, cash bar and more. Those interested in helping but not able to attend the event may also donate online at the Hope on the Slopes website.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited