Interstate 70 wreck halts highway traffic for 2 hours Friday afternoon, leads to arrest
August 5, 2017
A two vehicle crash on Interstate 70 eastbound at mile marker 189 stopped traffic for an extended period on Friday afternoon, and landed one driver in police custody.
A 2016 Nissan sedan and a semitrailer collided just before 2:13 p.m., when the first reports arrived to 911 emergency dispatch. All said and done, the accident forced the closure of the eastbound lanes of I-70 for more than two hours.
The driver of the semi avoided injury, while the motorist in the sedan sustained minor injuries. The latter declined medical treatment and was cleared by a responding ambulance.
However, the sedan driver was then taken into police custody on an outstanding warrant. I-70 eastbound lanes reopened a few minutes before 4:30 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon cutting ceremonies
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019