Interstate 70 wreck halts highway traffic for 2 hours Friday afternoon, leads to arrest
August 5, 2017
A two vehicle crash on Interstate 70 eastbound at mile marker 189 stopped traffic for an extended period on Friday afternoon, and landed one driver in police custody.
A 2016 Nissan sedan and a semitrailer collided just before 2:13 p.m., when the first reports arrived to 911 emergency dispatch. All said and done, the accident forced the closure of the eastbound lanes of I-70 for more than two hours.
The driver of the semi avoided injury, while the motorist in the sedan sustained minor injuries. The latter declined medical treatment and was cleared by a responding ambulance.
However, the sedan driver was then taken into police custody on an outstanding warrant. I-70 eastbound lanes reopened a few minutes before 4:30 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- State warns of SNAP benefit disbursement changes, possible benefit lapse due to fed shutdown
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Silverthorne kicks up heels with country dancing lessons Friday
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season