Interstate 70 wreck halts highway traffic for 2 hours Friday afternoon, leads to arrest
August 5, 2017
A two vehicle crash on Interstate 70 eastbound at mile marker 189 stopped traffic for an extended period on Friday afternoon, and landed one driver in police custody.
A 2016 Nissan sedan and a semitrailer collided just before 2:13 p.m., when the first reports arrived to 911 emergency dispatch. All said and done, the accident forced the closure of the eastbound lanes of I-70 for more than two hours.
The driver of the semi avoided injury, while the motorist in the sedan sustained minor injuries. The latter declined medical treatment and was cleared by a responding ambulance.
However, the sedan driver was then taken into police custody on an outstanding warrant. I-70 eastbound lanes reopened a few minutes before 4:30 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Silverthorne eyes new regulations for short-term rentals
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Colorado hiking trails with waterfalls: South Willow Falls
- Trial begins for Justin Erwin, one of four accused in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault