Interstate 70 wreck halts highway traffic for 2 hours Friday afternoon, leads to arrest
August 5, 2017
A two vehicle crash on Interstate 70 eastbound at mile marker 189 stopped traffic for an extended period on Friday afternoon, and landed one driver in police custody.
A 2016 Nissan sedan and a semitrailer collided just before 2:13 p.m., when the first reports arrived to 911 emergency dispatch. All said and done, the accident forced the closure of the eastbound lanes of I-70 for more than two hours.
The driver of the semi avoided injury, while the motorist in the sedan sustained minor injuries. The latter declined medical treatment and was cleared by a responding ambulance.
However, the sedan driver was then taken into police custody on an outstanding warrant. I-70 eastbound lanes reopened a few minutes before 4:30 p.m.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017