Jack Queen joins the Summit Daily News
August 11, 2016
The Summit Daily News welcomed its new public safety and courts reporter, Jack Queen, to the newsroom this week. Queen will also report on the towns of Frisco and Dillon.
Queen earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, where he served as editor-in-chief for the student newspaper, the Catalyst.
Originally from Austin, Tex., Queen moved to Colorado to get closer to the mountains. He was inspired to jump into the newspaper business after reading several pieces by Chicago newspaper columnist Mike Royko.
"I fell in love with Mike Royko's style, his voice, the whole newspaper mystique," Queen said. "I think digital storytelling has a lot to offer, but it's missing something that brick-and mortar papers have — the ability to plant strong roots in community."
Contact Jack at email@example.com, or give him at call at 970.668.4635.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines