Jack Queen joins the Summit Daily News
August 11, 2016
The Summit Daily News welcomed its new public safety and courts reporter, Jack Queen, to the newsroom this week. Queen will also report on the towns of Frisco and Dillon.
Queen earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Colorado College in Colorado Springs, where he served as editor-in-chief for the student newspaper, the Catalyst.
Originally from Austin, Tex., Queen moved to Colorado to get closer to the mountains. He was inspired to jump into the newspaper business after reading several pieces by Chicago newspaper columnist Mike Royko.
"I fell in love with Mike Royko's style, his voice, the whole newspaper mystique," Queen said. "I think digital storytelling has a lot to offer, but it's missing something that brick-and mortar papers have — the ability to plant strong roots in community."
Contact Jack at firstname.lastname@example.org, or give him at call at 970.668.4635.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow