JoJo Slim to play show at Barkley Ballroom
August 11, 2017
If the name JoJo Slim didn't catch your attention, maybe this will: Widespread Panic's keyboardist will be performing in Frisco next Wednesday, Aug. 16. John "JoJo" Hermann is the keyboard player for the Athens, Georgia-based band, Widespread Panic. Although it's a Wednesday night, JoJo's New Orleans-inspired project is likely to keep people dancing all night. The band focuses on the sound of New Orleans that was pioneered by artists like Professor Longhair, Dr. John and The Meters, all of which were a huge part of JoJo's musical background. Attendees can expect JoJo to bring vocals to many New Orleans-style jazz and blues covers and originals, along with gospel-style organ playing. In capturing the quintessential sound of New Orleans, The Slim Wednesday Band will be sure to provide a night of dancing, partying and great entertainment. On this tour the band will also stop in Vail, Steamboat, Denver and Park City, Utah, among other places. For more information about next Wednesday's show, visit BarkleyBallroom.com.
Trending In: Local
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Erwin faces his accuser, law enforcement officials, in second day of testimony
- Is it time for Summit County residents to start prepping roofs for winter?