Lake Dillon Fire-Rescue to honor firefighters and community members at ceremony on Saturday
April 21, 2017
Lake Dillon Fire will be honoring five citizens and numerous firefighters and staff members at its annual awards ceremony in Dillon on Saturday, April 22 at 11 a.m. at the Dillon Community Church Fellowship Hall for their commitment to supporting department.
"We look forward every year to honoring our own employees for their exemplary work and are pleased to share this occasion with so many deserving members of our community who contribute to public safety and help make this such a wonderful place to be," Fire chief Jeff Berino said. "It is truly an honor for us to serve the residents and visitors of the Lake Dillon Fire Protection District."
The residents will be recognized for their support of the fire department through financial backing and professional services as well as their commitments to promoting fire preparedness in the community.
Department employees will be honored for milestones in their professional lives, including length of service, career advancements and continued education.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s short-term rentals won’t see any ‘no-knock raids,’ staff explains
- Mountain Town News: More summer amusements in already busy mountain towns (column)
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office reports more bike thefts in Summit Cove, Keystone
- Breckenridge Food and Wine festival diverts over 3K pounds of waste from landfill
- St. Anthony Summit breaks relationship with Vail-Summit Orthopedics for emergency trauma surgeons
- Summit County completes landmark deal to protect 1,125 acres of open land near Heeney from development
- Another piece falls into place for ‘legacy’ housing project in Silverthorne
- Texas hiker airlifted off Maroon Peak after falling 100 feet into gully