Lake Dillon Fire-Rescue to honor firefighters and community members at ceremony on Saturday
April 21, 2017
Lake Dillon Fire will be honoring five citizens and numerous firefighters and staff members at its annual awards ceremony in Dillon on Saturday, April 22 at 11 a.m. at the Dillon Community Church Fellowship Hall for their commitment to supporting department.
"We look forward every year to honoring our own employees for their exemplary work and are pleased to share this occasion with so many deserving members of our community who contribute to public safety and help make this such a wonderful place to be," Fire chief Jeff Berino said. "It is truly an honor for us to serve the residents and visitors of the Lake Dillon Fire Protection District."
The residents will be recognized for their support of the fire department through financial backing and professional services as well as their commitments to promoting fire preparedness in the community.
Department employees will be honored for milestones in their professional lives, including length of service, career advancements and continued education.
Trending In: Local
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Jury deliberating Taft Conlin skier death case against Vail Resorts
- Firefighters, EMTs and law enforcement officers end stressful week with cook-off
- Three sought in Bocco fire; Sheriff’s Office wants to question them after witnesses saw them speeding from the area
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder
- New chef plates up ‘new consciousness’ at Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge