League of Women Voters host ballot presentation in Frisco
October 2, 2016
Colorado's chapter of the League of Women Voters will host a free election ballot review at the Summit County Community & Senior Center (83 Nancy's Pl.) in Frisco on Thursday, Oct. 13, at 6:30 p.m.
Chapter president Barbara Mattison and board member Marilyn Brown will examine the state's nine-issue ballot with a concise description and pros and cons of each. The League's ballot issue pamphlet will also be available along with other materials to assist voters as Election Day, Tuesday, Nov. 8, draws near.
Following the open, public presentation, Mattison will discuss the League's positions on several of the ballot issues. The League never endorses or opposes candidates.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization with 800 affiliates across the country that encourages informed and active participation in government. Membership is open to men and women of all ages start at 16 years old. For more information, visit: http://www.lwvcolorado.org, or email: email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne