Loveland Ski Area temporarily closes two lifts for maintenance
January 19, 2017
Loveland Ski Area just east of Eisenhower Tunnel in Clear Creek County currently has two lifts out of commission, with plans to keep them shut down for service through at least Friday, Jan. 20.
Lift 6, a mid-mountain double chair originally installed in 1977, was closed indefinitely on Sunday afternoon, Jan. 15, to resolve a mechanical issue at the top terminal. The ski area posted to Twitter on Wednesday that because Lift 1, dating to 1981, is of a similar construction, an inspection crew discovered early stages of the same problem, so also shut it down for repairs.
Lift 1, a triple at Loveland's base, is the ski area's first priority and is expected to be ready by the end of Friday. Once complete and back up and running, crew will focus on Lift 6, but a timetable has yet to be released. Loveland said it will provide an updated timeline as soon as more information is available.
"We are dedicated to safe lift operations," the ski area said via Twitter. "We apologize to our guests for the inconvenience and appreciate everyone's patience while we complete the maintenance."
Loveland is offering discounted full-day tickets for adults and children ages 6-to-14 while Lift 1 is closed. Those run $51 and $25, respectively. Stay tuned to SkiLoveland.com for updates.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne