Mindfully Living series Part 2 March 14 in Frisco
March 13, 2017
The Summit County Community & Senior Center in Frisco hosts the second part of three meet-ups on living mindfully today from 3-4:30 p.m. Because space is limited, registration is required, but all are welcome.
Mindfulness is about learning to live in the present moment with compassion and kindness toward self and others. But not unlike physical training for a sport, developing this mental space takes training to focus our attention. Through practice, the research shows we can begin to reroute our neuro-pathways that often reinforce symptoms related to stress, anxiety and depression.
Come find out more Tuesday afternoon during the second event of the free series, with the third happening same time, same place on March 21. Donations are accepted, and please call the Senior Center (83 Nancy's Pl.) to sign up at 970-668-2940. For more information, visit: mindfulnessmattersinstitute.com.
Trending In: Local
- Summit County senior center lowers age requirement from 55 to 50 in effort to increase membership
- Former students will hold benefit recital for cherished Summit County dance instructor stricken by cancer, stroke
- Skier killed in tree collision at Breckenridge Ski Resort identified by coroner
- Frisco Bay Marina’s ‘Big Dig’ would dredge tons of soil to extend boating season, make way for bigger vessels
- Free workshop in Frisco to focus on business development
- Frisco residents resist ballot measure that would authorize workforce housing on “pocket park”
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- In Summit County, vacation rentals often, but not always, more profitable than long-term leasing
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- Crepes a la Cart’s second location eases pressure on one of Breckenridge’s longest, most prohibitive lines