Mountain resort summer lodging numbers at record breaking high for fifth year in a row
November 22, 2016
Summer lodging numbers came in at a record high for the fifth year in a row, according to DestiMetrics. The Denver-based company measures lodging numbers for mountain resorts in Colorado, Utah, California, Nevada, Oregon, Wyoming and Montana.
DestiMetrics bases their summer numbers off of rooms booked from May to October. Across the seven states, occupancy was up 6.6 percent compared to 2015 numbers. Each month individually saw increases in occupancy this year. Revenue also saw an increase of 14.6 percent.
The Rocky Mountain region in particular saw a more than 7 percent increase in occupancy, as well as more than a 15 percent increase in revenue.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Pet owners turn to CBD treatments for ailing dogs as research on the subject takes shape