Mrs. Summit County works with pageant to collect teddy bears for children
March 22, 2017
Jan Levy, Mrs. Summit County, will be helping the current Mrs. Colorado America, Erica Shields, to collect teddy bears for the Kempe Center in Aurora. The goal is to collect 500 teddy bears for children at the center, which works with neglected and abused children. Some of the bears will be given to first responders who work with children on emergency calls. They are looking for new, small- or medium-sized teddy bears. For more information, or to make a donation, contact Levy at email@example.com.
The teddy bears will be donated on April 7 in recognition of Child Abuse and Awareness month.
Levy will compete for the Mrs. Colorado America title on April 8 in Denver.
Trending In: Local
- Jury shown video of Taft Conlin’s final, fatal run as Vail skier death case wraps first week
- Buffalo Mountain Fire 95 percent contained, locals take over
- Firefighters, EMTs and law enforcement officers end stressful week with cook-off
- Three sought in Bocco fire; Sheriff’s Office wants to question them after witnesses saw them speeding from the area
- 19 locals complete leadership program program
- Summit County real estate feeling impact of ‘wealth effect,’ broker says
- Buffalo Mountain Fire investigation is underway; officials urge hikers to stay out of the area
- Interstate 70 traffic snarls that greeted mountain motorists on Monday could continue for months
- Traffic backed up on westbound I-70 near Vail Pass
- Kona, here she comes: Nancy Peters, 60, goes from last to first in four years to win her age group at Ironman Boulder