January 4, 2016
Municipal election petitions available Tuesday
Interested in serving on Town Council and giving back to your community? Want to be a part of shaping your community? Consider running for municipal office!
Each of Summit County's four municipalities will be hosting their Municipal Elections on Tuesday, April 5 and have a variety of offices open for election. Candidate nomination petitions will be available beginning Tuesday, Jan. 5 for those citizens interested in running for municipal office. Petitions may be circulated Tuesday, Jan. 5 through Monday, Jan. 25. Each petition circulator must complete an Affidavit of Circulator to be submitted with the petition.
Municipal candidates must be a United States citizen, be at least eighteen years of age, be a resident of their municipality for twelve consecutive months preceding the date of the election and be a registered voter.
Please contact your Town Clerk as there may be additional requirements for candidacy.
Town Council members meet twice monthly, either on the first and third Tuesday or the second and fourth Tuesday of each month, depending on your municipality. Other time commitments include representation on county and/or state committees with varying responsibilities.
Recommended Stories For You
Both the towns of Breckenridge and Frisco have one mayor and three council member seats available. The towns of Dillon and Silverthorne have four council member seats available (One of Silverthorne's seats is a two year term).
Completed petitions must be returned to your Town Clerk on or before Monday, Jan. 25, 5:00 p.m. For more information or to obtain a petition, please contact the Town Clerk in your jurisdiction: Breckenridge Town Clerk – Helen Cospolich, 547-3126, firstname.lastname@example.org; Dillon Town Clerk – Jo-Anne Tyson, 262-3406, email@example.com; Frisco Town Clerk – Deborah Wohlmuth, 668-9122, DeborahW@townoffrisco.com; Silverthorne Town Clerk – Michelle Miller, 262-7304, townclerk@townofsilverthorne.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- A 10 mile stretch between Silverthorne and Kremmling is the deadliest on all of Highway 9
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect