Open Mic: What do you love most about Arapahoe Basin Ski Area?
May 15, 2017
It's springtime in the mountains, which means there is still plenty of skiing to be had at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. This season, The Legend celebrates 70 years, after the founders — Larry Jump, Sandy Schauffler, Max Dercum (of Keystone Resort fame), Dick Durrance (of Aspen Highlands fame) and Thor Groswold — commissioned a $150,000 development plan in May 1946.
On sunny spring weekends, The Beach at A-Basin is packed with people barbecuing, drinking and playing games. It didn't take long to find plenty of folks eager to tell us what they love most about The Basin.
Patrick Clark; Breckenridge“All the terrain off the Pali lift.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Glitchy DMV systems, hiker deaths, understaffed jail — just some of the issues facing Summit County
- Breckenridge’s short-term rentals won’t see any ‘no-knock raids,’ staff explains
- WOW! art sale takes place Sunday
- Applicants received ahead of Monday’s deadline likely to land homes at Silverthorne’s Smith Ranch
- Breckenridge updates rules for short-term rentals amid firestorm of protests
- UPDATE: 43-year-old Pennsylvania woman killed in 150-foot fall on Mount Royal
- Drug dealer gets 5 years for selling fatal dose of Fentanyl
- Mountain Lyon Cafe in Silverthorne will migrate a few blocks this fall
- Silverthorne resident comes to rescue of choking man