Open Mic: What do you love most about Arapahoe Basin Ski Area?
May 15, 2017
It's springtime in the mountains, which means there is still plenty of skiing to be had at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. This season, The Legend celebrates 70 years, after the founders — Larry Jump, Sandy Schauffler, Max Dercum (of Keystone Resort fame), Dick Durrance (of Aspen Highlands fame) and Thor Groswold — commissioned a $150,000 development plan in May 1946.
On sunny spring weekends, The Beach at A-Basin is packed with people barbecuing, drinking and playing games. It didn't take long to find plenty of folks eager to tell us what they love most about The Basin.
Patrick Clark; Breckenridge“All the terrain off the Pali lift.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Swan Mountain Road to close for part of Thursday
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- Breckenridge Ski Resort will open Peak 9 terrain before Thanksgiving weekend
- Mountain Wheels: Tiny Chevy Trax will still get through the worst of conditions
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- Breckenridge takes down trail troll
- Isak Heartstone saved? Artist claims deal with Breckenridge to rebuild beloved troll
- Copper Mountain, Breckenridge, Keystone and Arapahoe Basin ski areas to open new terrain
- String of fights at Summit High School could lead to charges against multiple students