Open Mic: What do you love most about Arapahoe Basin Ski Area?
May 15, 2017
It's springtime in the mountains, which means there is still plenty of skiing to be had at Arapahoe Basin Ski Area. This season, The Legend celebrates 70 years, after the founders — Larry Jump, Sandy Schauffler, Max Dercum (of Keystone Resort fame), Dick Durrance (of Aspen Highlands fame) and Thor Groswold — commissioned a $150,000 development plan in May 1946.
On sunny spring weekends, The Beach at A-Basin is packed with people barbecuing, drinking and playing games. It didn't take long to find plenty of folks eager to tell us what they love most about The Basin.
Patrick Clark; Breckenridge“All the terrain off the Pali lift.”
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- CDOT to begin road work on Highway 9 in Frisco
- An FAQ for paying property taxes in Summit County
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines