Optimist outstanding students recognized
May 8, 2013
On April 24, the Summit-Lake Dillon Optimist Club recognized an outstanding fifth-grade boy and girl from each of the elementary schools in Summit County. Students were chosen for their outstanding academics, extracurricular activities, school spirit, attitude and exemplary citizenship.
Students recognized were: Jessica Fernandez de la O and Mark Jardim from Dillon Valley Elementary; Logan Simson and Brandon Montealegre from Silverthorne Elementary; Sophia Fondl and Will Bird from Frisco Elementary; Natalie Anderson and Corbin Furrey from Upper Blue Elementary; Abby Schierholz and Koa Radish from Summit Cove Elementary and Ivy Edberg and Tim Gallagher from Breckenridge Elementary.
Also recognized were four eighth-grade students from Summit Middle School, based on their outstanding character, community service, academics,leadership skills, personal goals & growth. These students were: Mia Santangelo, Tuomas Wickman, Cassidy Cortright and Lorenzo Patti.
The Optimist Club hosted the students, families, friends and school staff at the high school, with wonderful food treats prepared by Ms.Terri Vantiger’s culinary arts students.
Trending In: Local
- Crazy Horse family look to set record straight Sunday in Frisco
- Frisco Historic Park and Museum to install Ute tipi for summer months
- Maggie Murray announces run for Summit County Treasurer
- Authorities ID man found dead at Frisco overlook on Interstate 70
- Dillon ice castle includes 50-foot ice slide, crawl tunnels
- Discovery Channel’s ‘Gold Rush’ is leaving Park County, but residents continue to fight for more mining oversight
- Olympic odds, ends & trends: Red Gerard’s sense of humor shines through on Jimmy Kimmel Live
- Video: Man whistles to moose in Frisco, tries to pet it as it charges
- Silverthorne wants a parade to honor Olympic gold medalist Red Gerard
- The Longevity Project | Part 3: Despite nation-leading longevity, Colorado mountain communities face significant health challenges