PEO selling flowers to support women’s education
May 17, 2017
The Philanthropic Educational Organization — or PEO — is now selling geraniums to raise money for women's educational scholarships.
The geraniums will be about 8-inches tall and available in red, pink or white for $16 each. Anyone who buys one can pick it up June 6 at Neil's Lunceford Nursery, 740 Blue River Parkway, near Farmer's Korner, in Silverthorne.
To purchase a geranium or for more info, call Barb Cole at 970-390-7231 or email Charise Buckley at Charise.FCDG@comcast.net.
Not interested in geraniums? That's OK too, Cole said, because both Neil Lunceford locations in Summit County will give 5 percent of their sales on June 6 to the PEO, so anyone looking to improve their landscaping can also help support women's education as well. All money raised will go to support scholarships for women at the local, state and national levels, Cole said, including one annually for a local high schooler and another for a student at Colorado Mountain College.
Trending In: Local
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced