Pet events abound this week in Summit County
September 1, 2018
Two different events to benefit animals will be taking place in Summit County this next week.
First is the annual Dillon Marina Mutt Show, a free family-friendly dog-centric event hosted by the town of Dillon at the marina on Lake Dillon every Labor Day. Contests will be held for best trick, best howl and best pet/owner look-alikes. There will also be a silent auction to benefit the League for Animal & People of the Summit (LAPS). Registration starts at noon and the event goes from 2–4 p.m.
Across Summit Boulevard, HighSide Brewery in Frisco will be holding an adoption event on Tuesday, Sept. 4, and a fundraiser for the Summit County Animal Control & Shelter all week.
On Tuesday, several of the shelter's adoptable dogs (wearing bandanas) will be appearing from 2–4:30 p.m. at the brewery located at 720 Main St. in Frisco. Anyone interested in adopting an animal can meet and get more information about the dogs and the shelter's many adoptable cats.
HighSide is also offering a buy one get one free deal on beer for every donation of $25 or more for the shelter's heartworm treatment fund, treats, cardboard scratching posts or toys. HighSide will be offering this deal until Sept. 9.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)