Pheil: Stop unwanted junk mail
September 30, 2013
Server-level spam filters, incoming email filters and one-click opt-out links all give us fighting chances at keeping unwanted emails and e-newsletters out of our inboxes.
Catalog Choice gives us that same fighting chance when it comes to keeping unwanted catalogs, coupons, credit card offers, phone books and circulars out of our mail (or post office) boxes.
Catalog Choice helps you reduce clutter, protect your privacy and help the environment by stopping the biggest data brokers from selling your identity. In other words, when you sign up with Catalog Choice, they act as your personal agent who instructs the companies you specify to remove your name and addresses from their mailing lists and not release your information to any unaffiliated parties for advertising or marketing purposes.
It works like this: you receive unwanted mail, you tell Catalog Choice you don't like it, and they take it from there.
A basic account is free, and a year of premium service that stops even more junk mail (their "MailStop Shield" service) will run you $35.
Learn more at http://www.CatalogChoice.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Grab Bag: Your Four Links of the Week:
1) http://tinyurl.com/o2vmfj7 – I was recently asked to write a guest post for the blog of Denise Richardson, a highly respected author, consumer advocate and certified identity theft risk management specialist. Denise's writing covers topics ranging from mortgaging service errors to inaccurate credit reporting to illegal debt collection practices; the article I contributed as a guest blog author focused on what to do when someone steals your online content. (Unfortunately, this is a topic I'm far, far too familiar with.)
2) http://www.ThinkColorado.com – For hot specials, cool events, business listings and local secrets pertaining to Buena Vista, Breckenridge, Leadville or Salida, check out this little-known, regularly updated website run by an adventurous, Colorado-loving, Buena Vista local. (Or just subscribe to receive their tips and updates in your inbox.) You may just find an exciting gem.
3) http://www.PieceOfCakeHosting.com – If you're frustrated with your website hosting company, trust me, you're not alone. If you're one of the many people who's tired of dealing with website downtime, getting hacked, bad tech/customer support, confusing control panels, long wait times on the phone, no one to help you get your emails setup, etc., I'd like to tell you there's a (much) better way of doing things. A way of doing things that makes website and email hosting just like floating on a nice fluffy cloud. Easy, effortless. Take a look.
Erin Pheil is the owner of TimeForCake Creative Media—the Web Strategy company voted #1 in Best of Summit. Visit the timeforcake website at http://www.timeforcake.com or email Erin at email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system
- CDOT to begin road work on Highway 9 in Frisco
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit Historical Society comes to a crossroads as president nears retirement
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver