Photos: Trump arrives in Aspen
August 25, 2016
Republican Presidential candidate Donald Trump arrives in Aspen on Thursday evening for a private fundraiser. Trump canceled a public appearance in Denver but kept his schedule for Aspen, where the Colorado state chairman for the campaign, Larry A. Mizel, hosted a VIP meeting and reception for Trump, according to the Pitkin County Republicans. Tickets to the event ranged from $2,700 per person for the reception, $10,000 per couple for a photograph with Trump and attendance at the reception, and $25,000 for a VIP meeting with photo and reception.
In anticipation of Trump's visit, Mayor Steve Skadron released a statement Thursday morning along with Colorado Democratic Party Chairman Rick Palacio, who called Trump's principles contrary to everything Coloradans stand for.
"I'm hopeful that Mr. Trump's visit to our cherished community will sensitize him to the reality of climate change and its impact on our community. The strength of our local economy is directly related to the health of our natural environment," Skadron said. "Aspen prides itself on welcoming everyone. While we respect a diversity of opinions and views, we are disheartened by the prejudice and anger that so often comes through Mr. Trump's pronouncements. I sincerely hope he takes home some of our mountain values, like respect of the natural environment, a constructive public-private sector balance and a willingness to reach out and help your neighbor rather than vilify those who are different."
Trending In: Local
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breck’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced