Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District open house to feature live fire demonstration
September 28, 2017
The Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District will be hosting its annual open house on Wednesday, Oct. 4, from 4 to 6:30 p.m. at the district's Station 6 at 316 Main St. in Breckenridge.
The event, being held in conjunction with National Fire Prevention Week, will feature educational booths covering topics including wildfire preparedness, home fire drills, first aid, gun safety, home health and more.
There will also be games and kid-friendly interactive presentations. A main attraction will be a live fire demonstration by the National Home Fire Sprinkler in the parking lot from 5 to 6 p.m.
Many local organizations participate in this annual event, including the American Red Cross, Breckenridge Police Department, Summit County Communications Center, Summit County Ambulance Service, St. Anthony Summit Medical Center and more. Free food will be provided to all participants.
Trending In: Local
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Steadman Clinic opens new expanded facility in Frisco
- State warns of SNAP benefit disbursement changes, possible benefit lapse due to fed shutdown
- Silverthorne finalizes pay increase for next town council
- Silverthorne kicks up heels with country dancing lessons Friday
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Family remembers skier who died at Breckenridge Ski Resort on Jan. 7
- Breckenridge Ski Resort’s ‘epic’ winter keeps getting better as it nears 200 inches for the season