Red, White & Blue Fire earns re-accredition from international organization
April 11, 2017
The Red, White & Blue Fire Protection District has received re-accreditation from the Commission on Fire Accreditation International, a prestigious distinction held by only 236 fire agencies worldwide.
Late last month, four staff members and one board member travelled to Anaheim, California, to testify at a hearing before the commission and defend RWB's accredited status, which must be renewed every five years after an examination to determine that a department's service plan still conforms to the highest industry standards.
That process also includes an on-site third party audit by a team of trained evaluators from across the country. The district's records, practices, capabilities and procedures were evaluated to determine if the service area's needs are being addressed appropriately.
"This emphasis on excellence, fiscal accountability and identifying new methods to provide the highest quality of delivery of programs and services has focused this department," fire chief Jim Keating said in a news release. "This takes commitment throughout every level of the agency to accomplish and this high level of transparency was fully supported by our board of directors. The success of the re-accreditation process demonstrated the department's commitment to the process and was a testament to the commitment of our accreditation manager, Battalion Chief Ryan Roberts."
Trending In: Local
- Video captures moose chasing skiers Saturday at Breckenridge Ski Resort
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Breckenridge Ski Resort ski instructing community thanks 90-year-old for his contributions