Registration for Frisco kids’ programs opens Wednesday
August 28, 2017
Registration for four fall and winter kids programs run by the town of Frisco, including before and after school activities, opens on Wednesday at 8 a.m. at FriscoCamps.com. After Wednesday, registration will only be available by calling 970-668-2558.
Winter Fun Club is a day camp program held on select days from October 2017 to April 2018 when kids ages 5 through 12 are out of school. Fun Club is a state-licensed day camp offering experienced camp counselors, low child-to-counselor ratios and access to recreational amenities.
The camps costs $40 per day for Frisco residents or $45 per day for non-residents. An additional child discount of 20 percent is also offered and is now available online.
For the second year, the Frisco Nordic Center will host the Little Vikings Nordic ski program, inviting kids in kindergarten through fifth grade to learn all about Nordic skiing. Skis, boots and poles will be provided. Each session is open to 26 participants and will run on Mondays and Thursdays through the following dates: Jan. 11 to Feb. 8, 2018 and Feb. 19 to March 22, 2018.
Transportation is only available for Frisco Elementary students, but students from other schools are welcome to register for Little Vikings with their own transportation. The program costs $100 per five-week session.
BOKS (Build Our Kids' Success), a before-school physical activity program, will get children moving in the morning and their brains ready for a day of learning. All BOKS classes focus on a functional fitness skill each week, such as squats and push ups, and also include team-orientated games. For more information about BOKS, visit http://www.bokskids.org.
Recommended Stories For You
The Frisco Elementary School BOKS program will be offered on the Tuesdays and Thursdays from 7:30–8:30 a.m. in the Frisco Elementary School gymnasium. The BOKS program is open to Frisco Elementary School students in kindergarten through fifth grade. Cost is $10 per monthly session.
Kids' Night Out will be hosted by the Frisco Adventure Park on nights in December, January, February and March, offering kids in kindergarten through fifth grade to go tubing and have pizza and a movie. The cost is $20 per night for Frisco residents and $25 per night for non-residents.
For more information, visit FriscoCamps.com.
Trending In: Local
- Expert witnesses take the stand in Erwin sexual assault trial
- Breckenridge police seek leads in July 4 bike theft
- Some residents ‘skeptical’ of Silverthorne’s plans to slow traffic downtown
- Local author, adventurer featured at Next Page in Frisco
- Voluntary fishing closures in place for several rivers near Summit County
- Breckenridge theater director quits after board apologizes for Trump sketch at fundraiser
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders