Rotary Club of Summit County to launch clock for 32nd annual ice melt on Saturday
March 16, 2017
The Rotary Club of Summit County has begun taking submissions for the 32nd annual Ice Melt Contest. For each entry, participants guess the month, day, hour and minute that the Rotary Club's clock will fall through the ice at Lake Dillon, signifying the start of summer. The website for the contest, SummitRotaryEvents.com/Dillon-ice-melt, includes the time the clock fell in previous years dating back to 1986.
Submissions are one for $5, five for $20 or 30 for $100. Proceeds benefit the Summit County Rotary Club. The person with the closest guess has the opportunity to win $4,000.
The clock will be launched onto Lake Dillon on Saturday.
Trending In: Local
- Suspect in custody after officer-involved shooting near Whole Foods in Frisco
- Backcountry skier died Sunday on Quandary Peak
- Skier who died Sunday at Quandary Peak identified
- Suspect identified in officer-involved shooting in Frisco Monday night
- Justin Erwin accepts plea agreement in 2016 Silverthorne sexual assault case