Rubber Duck Race in Breckenridge benefits Summit Foundation
September 2, 2016
Sponsored by Breckenridge Grand Vacations, the annual Rubber Duck Race kicks off tomorrow. Three races—children, businesses and the main event— will take place along the Blue River on the Riverwalk Center lawn.
Activities will begin at 10:30 a.m., and the children's race is up first at 1 p.m. Following that, the business race is set to take off at 2 p.m., and the main race is set for 3 p.m.
Almost three decades old, the Rubber Duck Race is a Summit County staple, known for bringing the community together for a noble cause.
Proceeds from the event go to The Summit Foundation and towards funding local scholarship and grant programs.
During the festivities, purchase Whole Foods treats being sold on the lawn, as well as locally made Higgles Ice Cream.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- A 10 mile stretch between Silverthorne and Kremmling is the deadliest on all of Highway 9
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect