Silverthorne Elementary to host winter carnival Feb. 25
February 12, 2018
Silverthorne Elementary is trying to get word out that the school will be hosting a winter carnival from noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 25.
The winter carnival is being organized around the theme "Nature and Mad Science," and the school wants to make sure people know about the event.
That's because the carnival is open to the community, and it will feature food, fun happenings, a silent auction and all sorts of games with "a side of mad science," according to organizers.
For one of the games, children will get to pick a giant nose and either get a nice prize or a hand full of slime. Another will feature a giant game of Operation.
The carnival will be a cash-only event with tickets sold at the door.
The school is at 101 Hamilton Creek Road, off Highway 9.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco brewery in running for USA Today’s 10Best Readers’ Choice Awards
- Frisco’s Meadow Creek Pond closed for skating
- Summit County and Vail regions prone to larger, more destructive avalanches as snowfall picks up
- National Endowment of the Arts grants $40,000 for Breckenridge festivals
- Steadman Clinic and Steadman Philippon Research Institute to open new location in Frisco
- Alterra reveals cost of new Ikon Pass, which includes unlimited access to Copper Mountain
- Summit’s most expensive house in January tops $3 million
- Three Summit County snowboarders advance to Big Air finals at 2018 Winter Olympics; Red Gerard makes cut by quarter-point
- Summit County sheriff says threat of school violence at ‘SHS’ likely connected to Ohio, not Colorado
- Breckenridge’s new police chief Jim Baird making switch from college town to ski town