Silverthorne Elementary to host winter carnival Feb. 25
February 12, 2018
Silverthorne Elementary is trying to get word out that the school will be hosting a winter carnival from noon to 4 p.m. Feb. 25.
The winter carnival is being organized around the theme "Nature and Mad Science," and the school wants to make sure people know about the event.
That's because the carnival is open to the community, and it will feature food, fun happenings, a silent auction and all sorts of games with "a side of mad science," according to organizers.
For one of the games, children will get to pick a giant nose and either get a nice prize or a hand full of slime. Another will feature a giant game of Operation.
The carnival will be a cash-only event with tickets sold at the door.
The school is at 101 Hamilton Creek Road, off Highway 9.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8