Silverthorne Town Council appoints Kevin McDonald as new member
March 29, 2017
The Silverthorne Town Council voted unanimously to appoint previous Councilman Kevin McDonald as a replacement for Councilwoman and mayor pro tem, Peggy Long. McDonald will be finishing the remainder of Long's term, and can run for a four-year term for the April 2018 election.
Long vacated her seat in early February, after moving to her family ranch north of the town limit, which made her ineligible to remain on council.
McDonald previously served on the Silverthorne Town Council from 2006–10. He also helped to found the Economic Development Advisory Committee in the town. He is currently the chief compliance officer at New Path Capital Advisors.
The town had three other candidates interview for the position. McDonald will be sworn in during the council's meeting on April. The council will select a new mayor pro tem after McDonald has joined.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- A 10 mile stretch between Silverthorne and Kremmling is the deadliest on all of Highway 9
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect