St. Anthony Summit Medical Center offers reduced imaging pricing structure
August 30, 2016
Imaging service costs cut at St. Anthony Summit Medical Center
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center in Frisco recently announced cost reductions on most outpatient imagining services that took effect in mid August. The price decreases are part of an overall strategy to improve access to care and optimize the health-care value in the region.
The cutbacks have already been applied to X-rays, CT scans, MRIs and mammography, and a patient's insurance plan, deductible and the type of service may affect the total out-of-pocket cost. The action is accompanied by increased availability of these imaging services, many now also accessible on Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
"We know that cost can be a big obstacle," Marshall Denkinger, Summit Medical Center's chief medical officer, said in a news release. "By reducing the cost of outpatient imaging … we can help patients and physicians gain the crucial information they need for better outcomes and satisfaction."
"Our new charges are among the lowest on the Western Slope," Summit Medical Center's CEO and president Paul Chodkowski said in the release, "and offer a competitive, convenient solution, so you can avoid the hassle of driving and taking time off work."
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District hosting candidate forum ahead of first contested board election in years
- The third phase of the Frisco Bay Marina Master Plan unveiled to Frisco residents
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)