St. Anthony Summit Medical names new chief nurse
August 14, 2016
St. Anthony Summit Medical Center in Frisco named Trixie Vanderschaaff its new chief nursing officer last week.
Vanderschaaff, the Frisco hospital's 2016 Nurse of the Year Excellence award recipient, has worked for a number of Summit County Centura Health facilities over the last 18 years. She obtained her bachelor of science in nursing from Central Missouri State and then a master's in nursing leadership from Regis University in Denver.
In a news release, the hospital called Vanderschaaff "a leader in nursing innovation" and touted her experience improving both patient safety and satisfaction.
"Trixie understand the integral role the hospital plays in the health and wellness of our mountain community," the statement read. "She is knowledgeable, collaborative and passionate, making her a great addition to our leadership team."
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system
- CDOT to begin road work on Highway 9 in Frisco
- Summit Historical Society comes to a crossroads as president nears retirement
- Breckenridge to start charging for parking at South Gondola Lot this summer
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Are e-bikes the future or a scourge on Summit County’s recreation paths?
- Breckenridge breaks ground on $50 million water treatment plant