State parks free to public on Monday, Aug. 7
August 2, 2017
In honor of Colorado Day on Monday, Aug. 7, Colorado Parks and Wildlife offers free entry to each of the 41 state parks.
"Colorado Day is an opportunity for everyone to get outside and experience the diverse natural beauty and recreational activities that all of the 41 state parks have to offer," CPW's Gary Thorson said in a news release. "This day is also the agency's opportunity to say 'thank you' to all our residents and visitors who enjoy our state parks for their continued support."
Come play all day, enjoy a picnic and stay for the sunset. All other fees, including camping and reservations remain in effect on the state holiday.
For more information, visit: cpw.state.co.us
Trending In: Local
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019