Summer Reading Program ends this week with finales
July 22, 2017
This week will bring an end to the Summit County Library's Summer Reading Programs, as each of its three locations in Silverthorne, Frisco and Breckenridge plays host their own finale with special guests.
On Tuesday at the South Branch in Breckenridge, children from preschool through fifth grade and their parents can get in on the fun starting at 11 a.m. with The Cool Science Guy leading science experiments and more. After story time, all children can Read with a Dog on Tuesday with Zuma and on Wednesday with Max. Also on Tuesday, the North Branch in Silverthorne will have story time from 11 a.m. to noon, but the South Branch's finale — again featuring The Cool Science Guy — will be from 10:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Also Wednesday, the Main Library in Frisco will play host to the Maker Day Finale for preschoolers through fifth-graders starting at 10:30 a.m. This program ends the Main Library's Summer Reading Program with building projects and creative experiments for all.
For more, go to SummitCountyLibraries.org, find the library on Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest, or stop by any of its three locations.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District hosting candidate forum ahead of first contested board election in years
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- At Copper Mountain Resort’s closing weekend, slopesoakers explain what makes a great pond skimmer (video)