Summit County Animal Shelter to close for renovations Sept. 15
September 11, 2017
The Summit County Animal Shelter will be closing for renovations on Friday, Sept. 15, and will not re-open until Monday, Sept. 25. Animal control will remain on duty but will not be providing any shelter services.
During the closure, the carpeting in the shelter office will be replaced with epoxy, and no people or animals can be inside during that time because of the fumes. All animals will be relocated to temporary accommodations.
For any animal-related concerns, contact the Summit County Dispatch Center at 970-668-8600.
Trending In: Local
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019