Summit County participating in Legal Resource Day
September 26, 2016
The Colorado Judicial Branch will be hosting a legal resource day at the Summit County Justice Center in Breckenridge on Friday, Sept. 30 from 9:30 to 3 p.m. Volunteer lawyers will be on hand to teach sessions on self-representation in court, including courtroom procedures, appeals and "myth busting" for divorce cases. Interpreters will be available.
More and more Coloradans are choosing to represent themselves in court as pro se litigants, which can be overwhelming and intimidating. Colorado Supreme Court Chief Justice Nancy Rice said in a statement that having well prepared pro se defendants saves the courts time and money, helping the wheels of justice turn smoother.
Four other courthouses across the state will be celebrating Legal Resource Day as well. To register, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YPNHQB9
Trending In: Local
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Letter to the Editor: SDN not-so fair and balanced