Summit County participating in Legal Resource Day
September 26, 2016
The Colorado Judicial Branch will be hosting a legal resource day at the Summit County Justice Center in Breckenridge on Friday, Sept. 30 from 9:30 to 3 p.m. Volunteer lawyers will be on hand to teach sessions on self-representation in court, including courtroom procedures, appeals and "myth busting" for divorce cases. Interpreters will be available.
More and more Coloradans are choosing to represent themselves in court as pro se litigants, which can be overwhelming and intimidating. Colorado Supreme Court Chief Justice Nancy Rice said in a statement that having well prepared pro se defendants saves the courts time and money, helping the wheels of justice turn smoother.
Four other courthouses across the state will be celebrating Legal Resource Day as well. To register, visit https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YPNHQB9
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Co-defendant testifies in Ramon Villa sexual assault trial