Summit County Search & Rescue assists injured hiker on Buffalo Mountain
July 3, 2017
The Summit County Search Group and Flight For Life teamed up in a rescue mission to help an injured hiker on Buffalo Mountain on Sunday morning.
The hiker fell during a trip up the Silverthorne peak, landing on their head in a boulder field about halfway between tree line and the summit. The Flight For Life helicopter made several trips, bringing four members of the Search & Rescue crew to the location of the injured party.
The EMTs bandaged up the individual and decided the patient was capable of walking out with the team. In total, 10 members of the Search & Rescue team were dispatched to assist the hiker and ensure they were rescued and healthy.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017