Summit County Seniors taking grant applications
August 16, 2017
Summit County Senior Citizens Inc. is accepting grant applications as part of the group's annual distribution of funds to the community, according to a news release.
The money that's tied to these grants is directed to organizations that have existing programs or want to create new programs that benefit people over the age of 55 in Summit County.
Summit County Senior Citizens is the nonprofit partner group for the Summit County Community and Senior Center, and the deadline to apply is Sept. 15. For more about the grants, call the center at 970-668-2940 or email email@example.com.
Summit County Senior Citizens Inc. is also thanking the community for its support for the group's recent rummage sale. More than 250 people volunteered, and proceeds will be distributed to nonprofits in Summit County through the annual grant process later this year.
"We appreciate the many donations as well as the countless hours that were put in by the community," said Marty Sheets, co-president of the Seniors group, in a news release.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s short-term rentals won’t see any ‘no-knock raids,’ staff explains
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Glitchy DMV systems, hiker deaths, understaffed jail — just some of the issues facing Summit County
- WOW! art sale takes place Sunday
- Breckenridge Food and Wine festival diverts over 3K pounds of waste from landfill
- Breckenridge updates rules for short-term rentals amid firestorm of protests
- UPDATE: 43-year-old Pennsylvania woman killed in 150-foot fall on Mount Royal
- Another piece falls into place for ‘legacy’ housing project in Silverthorne
- Summit County gets a clearer picture of how health care costs are driving up premiums