Summit County Seniors taking grant applications
August 16, 2017
Summit County Senior Citizens Inc. is accepting grant applications as part of the group's annual distribution of funds to the community, according to a news release.
The money that's tied to these grants is directed to organizations that have existing programs or want to create new programs that benefit people over the age of 55 in Summit County.
Summit County Senior Citizens is the nonprofit partner group for the Summit County Community and Senior Center, and the deadline to apply is Sept. 15. For more about the grants, call the center at 970-668-2940 or email email@example.com.
Summit County Senior Citizens Inc. is also thanking the community for its support for the group's recent rummage sale. More than 250 people volunteered, and proceeds will be distributed to nonprofits in Summit County through the annual grant process later this year.
"We appreciate the many donations as well as the countless hours that were put in by the community," said Marty Sheets, co-president of the Seniors group, in a news release.
Trending In: Local
- Big Boi joins Gramatik for Breck’s Mountain Dew Snow Dance
- Frisco cuts ribbon on new workforce housing units
- Pay hike helps Aspen Skiing Co. fill entry-level positions
- Silverthorne to host open house to help ease short-term rentals into new system
- Dillon Valley Elementary will be closed Wednesday due to a water main break
- Bell tolls for Breckenridge trail troll as town council votes to remove controversial art piece
- Danish artist Thomas Dambo wants to save Breckenridge’s embattled trail troll
- In Summit County, government action on short-term rentals leads to new business
- Colorado marijuana study finds positives for law enforcement, usage significantly up