Summit County sheriff’s office opens live scan fingerprinting services to public
October 30, 2018
The Summit County Sheriff's Office has announced the availability of new improvements to fingerprint services at the Summit County Justice Center. The sheriff's office said it worked with security company IDEMIA to make “live scan” fingerprinting services available to the public. The new service does away with ink-based fingerprinting and digitizes the print information, as well as giving applicants other options.
"This is an exciting and welcome improvement over rolling finger-tips in black printers ink and onto a paper card for those in need of background checks," Sheriff Jaime FitzSimons said in a press release. "While inked print services are still available, this new technology is a faster and more accurate method."
These changes were influenced by the Colorado Bureau of Investigation when it announced inked fingerprint cards would no longer be accepted in the future. For more information on live scan fingerprinting and fingerprint requirements, visit the CBI website at Colorado.gov/pacific/cbi/employment-background-checks. The sheriff's office will no longer be accepting scheduled walk-ins, and instead directs all applicants to schedule their fingerprinting through IdentoGo at UEnroll.IdentoGo.com.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado Mountain College purchases Breckenridge apartment buildings, certifies mill levy
- Summit County commissioners approve $126 million budget for 2019
- Summit County comes together and sings Christmas carols for cancer-stricken SHS student Taylor Ash
- SHS kids score big at regional jazz competition
- Vail Resorts to announce recipients of $2.3 million in community grant awards
- Breckenridge reaches an agreement with ski resort on parking garage
- Breckenridge, ski resort reach deal to build parking garage on South Gondola Lot
- Denver loses U.S. bid for 2030 Olympics to Salt Lake City
- Two arrested for participation in poaching operation
- Mountain Wheels: Colorado drivers – I have some questions for you