Summit County’s Women of Water plan Clothesline Art Sale for Sunday
August 17, 2017
A group of Summit County painters, Women of Watercolor, is hosting a Clothesline Art Sale of their unframed, original watercolor paintings from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sunday in Breckenridge.
Organizers of the sale promise "super low" prices, and the sale will be held at the "Secret Garden" at Wellington Square, on the corner of Wellington Road and Harris Street, in Breckenridge.
Women of Watercolor is a membership-based group of female artists from Summit County who meet up regularly to work in plein air — a style of painting outdoors in natural light that was advocated by French impressionists like Claude Monet — and in the studio.
In the event of rain, the sale will be moved to Aug. 27. For more, go to WomenofWatercolor.com.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Permit system goes into effect Wednesday for overnight visitors to Conundrum Hot Springs
- Red, White and Blue Fire Protection District hosting candidate forum ahead of first contested board election in years
- The third phase of the Frisco Bay Marina Master Plan unveiled to Frisco residents
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week