Summit Cove Elementary benefits from ‘Drive for Education’
September 26, 2016
Summit Cove receives donation from Vista Auto
The Vista Auto Group donated a check worth $5,000 to Summit Cove Elementary in Dillon on Monday afternoon, Sept. 26, as part of its annual "Drive for Education" initiative.
The Silverthorne-based car dealer has been providing funding to the Summit School District's individual schools for several years and with Monday's donation has now surpassed more than $30,000. These specific funds will be used to help complete the newly designed "makerspace" at Summit Cove.
A makerspace is a collaborative area within the school for students to design, prototype and create their own products. Summit Cove principal Crystal Miller said teachers and staff will work with and teach a robotics class to students in the new learning space.
Trending In: Local
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect
- Gubernatorial candidate Jared Polis unveils plan to lower health care costs