Summit Interfaith Council hosts discussion on Colorado Amendment 69
September 1, 2016
The Summit Interfaith Council invites members of the public to the fourth in its Second Sunday Film Series on Sunday, Sept. 11 for a discussion of the state's ongoing health care dilemma: "Is ColoradoCare the Answer?"
The evening will feature excerpts from award-winning documentaries by T.R. Reid, Michael Moore and Peter Nicks, each followed by presentations to the audience about Colorado Amendment 69. The November ballot item aims to reimagine health care in the state by universalizing this essential service.
Audience members will be encouraged to ask questions, receive answers and challenge what has been presented in the media. The discussion will focus on whether ColoradoCare would be risky, unaffordable and unaccountable, or reliable, fiscally-responsible and transparent.
The event, scheduled at the South Branch Library in Breckenridge between 7-9 p.m., is free and open to the public. For more information, call (970) 368-0923.
Trending In: Local
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited