Summit Music and Arts Young Composer Competition deadline approaching
March 21, 2018
Music composition entries for the fourth annual Summit Music and Arts Young Composer Competition are due Saturday, March 31 and must be postmarked by that date to be eligible.
The competition is open to young musicians and composers ages eight to 18 who live in Clear Creek, Eagle, Grand, Lake, Park, Routt and Summit counties.
Judging will take place in the weeks following the deadline and successful young composers will be notified in time to attend and participate in the Young Composer Concert on Monday, April 30 at 6 p.m. at Summit Middle School in Frisco.
Full details, competition guidelines and an application form are available at Summit Music and Arts' website.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system
- CDOT to begin road work on Highway 9 in Frisco
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Summit Historical Society comes to a crossroads as president nears retirement
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skimmer charged with pair of misdemeanors, dodging possible felony
- Breckenridge Grand Vacations named best large company in Denver Post’s 2018 Top Workplaces list
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver