Summit Music and Arts Young Composer Competition deadline approaching
March 21, 2018
Music composition entries for the fourth annual Summit Music and Arts Young Composer Competition are due Saturday, March 31 and must be postmarked by that date to be eligible.
The competition is open to young musicians and composers ages eight to 18 who live in Clear Creek, Eagle, Grand, Lake, Park, Routt and Summit counties.
Judging will take place in the weeks following the deadline and successful young composers will be notified in time to attend and participate in the Young Composer Concert on Monday, April 30 at 6 p.m. at Summit Middle School in Frisco.
Full details, competition guidelines and an application form are available at Summit Music and Arts' website.
Trending In: Local
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- A 10 mile stretch between Silverthorne and Kremmling is the deadliest on all of Highway 9
- Breckenridge reels from boy’s death as investigation into fatal truck-on-bike collision continues
- “Ill equipped” hikers with dog rescued after attempting 13er in shorts, tank tops
- Snowmass bear killing prompts state investigation after neighbor confronts hunter
- Boulder man hikes Mosquito-Ten Mile from Trout Creek Pass to Mount Royal (podcast)
- Taft Conlin’s parents appealing son’s Vail skier death case
- Trial begins for Frisco child pornography suspect