The Board of County Commissioners will be discussing workforce housing and backcountry zoning regulations at its next regular meeting
March 24, 2018
The Summit County Board of Commissioners has a packed agenda for its regular biweekly meeting on Tuesday, March 27.
At the top of the agenda are proclamations focused on the welfare of children. The board will declare April 2018 as "The Month of the Young Child" as well as "Child Abuse Prevention Month." The proclamations endorse the efforts of organizations like Head Start and Right Start to improve the chances of success for children.
The meeting will also continue business for several important projects, including changes to backcountry zoning regulations relative to permitted uses and structure size allowances, including outdoor storage and expansion regulation.
Also up for discussion are exemptions to allow for the development of the Wintergreen subdivision in Keystone, which proposes to build a daycare center as well as low-income, long-term and short-term affordable housing.
The Western Sky Ranch PUD may also see changes to allowed garage sizes as well as minor adjustments to lot configurations, associated disturbance envelopes and associated driveway locations.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)