Reward for Quandary Peak mountain goat poaching raised to $15,000
August 7, 2018
Thanks to more donations from the public, Colorado Parks & Wildlife has increased the reward to catch the Quandary Peak mountain goat poachers to $15,000 for information that leads to the citation or arrest of the poacher. The reward was already raised to $5,000 from $1,000 because of donations to the agency's anti-poaching program, Operation Game Thief.
The poaching occurred on July 3, when two mountain goats were shot dead with a pistol at close range. CPW had opened a criminal investigation and have been seeking information from the public about the identity of the poacher. The goat killings sparked outrage in the Summit County community, and several members of the public stepped up to donate thousands of dollars toward the reward for information that leads to the citation or arrest of the offender.
To report tips about the Quandary Peak poaching or any other poaching incident, contact Operation Game Thief at 1-877-265-6648. Callers do not have to identify themselves to the public or testify in court. — Deepan Dutta
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge’s short-term rentals won’t see any ‘no-knock raids,’ staff explains
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Glitchy DMV systems, hiker deaths, understaffed jail — just some of the issues facing Summit County
- WOW! art sale takes place Sunday
- Breckenridge Food and Wine festival diverts over 3K pounds of waste from landfill
- Breckenridge updates rules for short-term rentals amid firestorm of protests
- UPDATE: 43-year-old Pennsylvania woman killed in 150-foot fall on Mount Royal
- Another piece falls into place for ‘legacy’ housing project in Silverthorne
- Summit County gets a clearer picture of how health care costs are driving up premiums