U.S. Forest Service hosting virtual job fairs for seasonal positions
December 5, 2017
The Rocky Mountain Region of the U.S. Forest Service will be hosting two virtual job fairs by phone for job seekers interested in working for the U.S. Forest Service next summer. Over 900 temporary positions are available for the 2018 field season throughout national forests and grasslands in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.
During the one-hour, toll-free calls, recruiters will introduce job seekers to the U.S. Forest Service, provide information about available jobs, give an overview of the application process and answer questions.
The first call-in opportunity will be on Thursday, Dec. 7, from 2-3 p.m. The second will run from 2-3 p.m. on the following Tuesday, Dec. 12. To join, callers can dial 1-888-844-9904 at the specified times and then dial access code 7662084#.
Temporary positions are available in a variety of occupations including fire, trails, forestry, engineering, wildlife, recreation, fisheries, archaeology and administrative support. Temporary job opportunities are available online.
Trending In: Local
- Wildfire updates from across Colorado
- Summit County’s animal shelter makes sure no pet is left behind when wildfire hits
- Ask Eartha: Is drought the new normal for the Mountain West?
- Hey, Spike! enjoys seeing locals, visitors and touring artists
- Basalt council majority wants to further restrict or close shooting range
- Former Silverthorne home of Broncos mascot hits market for $23M
- Frisco Bay Marina closes boat ramp, gas dock due to low water
- Frisco’s Whole Foods Market withdraws liquor license application, defusing tensions with local businesses
- Sorry Ironman, Breck Epic will stay ‘true,’ founder says
- Breckenridge ready to ‘finish Peak 8’ with luxury hotel, condos