U.S. Forest Service hosting virtual job fairs for seasonal positions
December 5, 2017
The Rocky Mountain Region of the U.S. Forest Service will be hosting two virtual job fairs by phone for job seekers interested in working for the U.S. Forest Service next summer. Over 900 temporary positions are available for the 2018 field season throughout national forests and grasslands in Colorado, Kansas, Nebraska, South Dakota and Wyoming.
During the one-hour, toll-free calls, recruiters will introduce job seekers to the U.S. Forest Service, provide information about available jobs, give an overview of the application process and answer questions.
The first call-in opportunity will be on Thursday, Dec. 7, from 2-3 p.m. The second will run from 2-3 p.m. on the following Tuesday, Dec. 12. To join, callers can dial 1-888-844-9904 at the specified times and then dial access code 7662084#.
Temporary positions are available in a variety of occupations including fire, trails, forestry, engineering, wildlife, recreation, fisheries, archaeology and administrative support. Temporary job opportunities are available online.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Tuesday workshop at CMC Breckenridge to focus on building a welcoming community
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)