University of Colorado student dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort
February 24, 2015
A 22-year-old University of Colorado student died Monday, Feb. 23, after skiing expert terrain at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Jacob Koltun had been skiing without a helmet on Peak 7.
Breckenridge Medical Center alerted the Summit County Coroner's Office at about 2:30 p.m. The coroner's office said Koltun's death appears to be an accident and did not release any further information.
Kulton's Facebook page shows he was a senior studying English at the University of Colorado in Boulder and that he was originally from Alameda, California.
Trending In: Local
- Former students will hold benefit recital for cherished Summit County dance instructor stricken by cancer, stroke
- Frisco Bay Marina’s ‘Big Dig’ would dredge tons of soil to extend boating season, make way for bigger vessels
- Skier killed in tree collision at Breckenridge Ski Resort identified by coroner
- Hey, Spike! bids former Summit Daily News publisher Jim Morgan a happy retirement
- Should Colorado host the Winter Olympics? The Summit Daily wants to hear from you
- Prominent climate scientist predicts Summit County’s climate in 2050. It might not be what you expect
- New parking garage comes with plans to better manage traffic in downtown Breckenridge
- High Country Crime: Pain drugs stolen from ski patrol shack atop Buttermilk
- Colorado startup launches product to facilitate ski-to-ski binding switches with bare hands
- Federal, state, local authorities work together to avoid catastrophe at Green Mountain Reservoir