University of Colorado student dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort
February 24, 2015
A 22-year-old University of Colorado student died Monday, Feb. 23, after skiing expert terrain at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Jacob Koltun had been skiing without a helmet on Peak 7.
Breckenridge Medical Center alerted the Summit County Coroner's Office at about 2:30 p.m. The coroner's office said Koltun's death appears to be an accident and did not release any further information.
Kulton's Facebook page shows he was a senior studying English at the University of Colorado in Boulder and that he was originally from Alameda, California.
Trending In: Local
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Search for Tyler Gorrell suspended with no sign of the missing Denver resident
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Gary Rodgers stepping down as president and general manager of Copper Mountain Resort
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Top 6 drives to see fall foliage near Breckenridge, Colorado (video)
- Breckenridge dog attack update: Dog to be euthanized, owner cited