University of Colorado student dies skiing at Breckenridge Ski Resort
February 24, 2015
A 22-year-old University of Colorado student died Monday, Feb. 23, after skiing expert terrain at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Jacob Koltun had been skiing without a helmet on Peak 7.
Breckenridge Medical Center alerted the Summit County Coroner's Office at about 2:30 p.m. The coroner's office said Koltun's death appears to be an accident and did not release any further information.
Kulton's Facebook page shows he was a senior studying English at the University of Colorado in Boulder and that he was originally from Alameda, California.
Trending In: Local
- Vail Resorts making big investments, improvements for 19/20 season
- Winter grooming begins for Breck, Frisco Recpaths
- Keystone Resort changes up parking situation in advance of opening day
- December’s First Friday in Silverthorne to feature town’s first ever holiday tree lighting
- Alzheimer’s Foundation of America hosts essay competition for high school seniors