Upcoming Friends of the Dillon Ranger District events, 8/8-8/14
August 7, 2017
Thursday, Aug. 10
Dan Schroder, director of the Colorado State University Extension program in Summit County, leads Friends of the Dillon Ranger District members on a forestry in the field hike from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at B&B Trail in Breckenridge. The event, which includes a free barbeque lunch afterwards, is open to FDRD members only, and you can sign up through the website's membership page.
Friday, Aug. 11
If you've never "shocked" a stream before, now's your chance. Partnering with the U.S. Forest Service, Friends of the Dillon Ranger District will shock and net fish from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. to gauge the health of the area's stream. If you like casting a line, this is the project for you.
Saturday, Aug. 12
Want to take your volunteer experience to new heights? Don't miss this trail maintenance project on Quandary Peak from 7 a.m. to 1 p.m. One of Colorado's most visited 14ers is in need of a little TLC, and in partnership with the Colorado Fourteeners Initiative, participants can come swing some tools around or below tree line and meet new friends all in the company of one of Summit's majestic mountain views.
Recommended Stories For You
For more information on FDRD projects and events, visit: fdrd.org, or call 970-262-3449
Trending In: Local
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Breckenridge theater director quits after board apologizes for Trump sketch at fundraiser
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Erwin faces his accuser, law enforcement officials, in second day of testimony