Upcoming Friends of the Dillon Ranger District events, July 8-14
July 6, 2017
Wednesday, July 12
Join resident geology expert Joe Newhart for an informative tour of some of Summit County's most interesting geological sites. Registration is required for this event running from 9 a.m. to noon.
Thursday, July 13
Wildflower guru Pat Taylor leads a group to learn more about the incredible wildflowers that color our mountainsides on this two-hour hike where different flowers will be identified. Based on where prime wildflowers are blossoming, the guide will determine the exact trail, and registration is required for this event running from 9 a.m. to noon.
In addition to unlimited beer tasting, the festival also includes a large area for people with VIP passes, live music, a karaoke stage, vendors and food.
Recommended Stories For You
Friday, July 14
Come help Summit County Off-Road Riders give back to the local public lands with volunteer trail construction for motorized transportation. The new Tenderfoot Mountain Trail through the U.S. Forest Service will be great for hiking and mountain biking as well and all are welcome to help complete the project. Meet at the Oro Grande trailhead (County Road 51 in Dillon) at 8:30 a.m. for work until 2:30 p.m.
For more information on FDRD projects and events, visit: fdrd.org, or call 970-262-3449.
Trending In: Local
- Widow’s benefits halved after late husband tests positive for marijuana in Loveland Ski Area death
- Justin Erwin trial hears testimony from accuser’s boyfriend, bartenders
- Successful fight against the Buffalo Mountain Fire rooted in stellar performances, strong relationships
- Erwin faces his accuser, law enforcement officials, in second day of testimony
- Is it time for Summit County residents to start prepping roofs for winter?