Vail Resorts CEO donates $250,000 to the Summit Foundation
April 15, 2017
Rob Katz, the CEO of Vail Resorts, and his wife, Elana Amsterdam, donated $1.6 million to nonprofits benefitting communities where the company operates, including their newest location in Vermont. The contributions focused on programs supporting children and families as well as improving local recreation opportunities.
The Summit Foundation received a $250,000 grant from the donation. The funds will go toward Catch Afterschool and Mountain Futures Center. Catch Afterschool serves 250 children across the county and the grant will help continue to give the students care for another two years. Mountain Futures Center offers financial support to Summit County students for post-secondary education and college.
Trending In: Local
- Addiction cycled Tyler Little in and out of the Summit County Jail, but he walked out with his GED
- Breckenridge fire district’s first contested election in years could shape future of county ambulance system
- Breckenridge Ski Resort closes 2017-18 season with Plunge (with video)
- CDOT to begin road work on Highway 9 in Frisco
- An FAQ for paying property taxes in Summit County
- Taft Conlin skier death lawsuit against Vail Resorts will have its day in court
- Summit County schools to close Friday as teachers join thousands at protest in Denver
- High Country Crime: Former teacher suspected of burglarizing bike shop
- Dillon Amphitheatre’s million-dollar view now has the facility to match it
- As conditions ravage Imperial Challenge, Breckenridge’s Howdyshell wins, Campbell family shines