Vail Resorts CEO donates $250,000 to the Summit Foundation
April 15, 2017
Rob Katz, the CEO of Vail Resorts, and his wife, Elana Amsterdam, donated $1.6 million to nonprofits benefitting communities where the company operates, including their newest location in Vermont. The contributions focused on programs supporting children and families as well as improving local recreation opportunities.
The Summit Foundation received a $250,000 grant from the donation. The funds will go toward Catch Afterschool and Mountain Futures Center. Catch Afterschool serves 250 children across the county and the grant will help continue to give the students care for another two years. Mountain Futures Center offers financial support to Summit County students for post-secondary education and college.
Trending In: Local
- Vote to save the Tabor. Leadville’s iconic Tabor Opera House the only Colorado site selected for national preservation campaign
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Dillon Dam Road to close for scheduled maintenance Oct.15-19
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Breckenridge Ski Resort about a month out from making snow
- Arapahoe Basin Ski Area begins snowmaking Friday, the earliest start in a decade
- Local businesses raise $8,000 to wipe out Summit School District elementary school lunch debt
- Breckenridge Town Council set to ban Segways after Aspen business inquires about expansion
- Summit County drug dealer pleads guilty to criminally negligent homicide in Breckenridge overdose death
- Summit Spirits: What is the difference between a ghost and a spirit?