Vail Resorts CEO donates $250,000 to the Summit Foundation
April 15, 2017
Rob Katz, the CEO of Vail Resorts, and his wife, Elana Amsterdam, donated $1.6 million to nonprofits benefitting communities where the company operates, including their newest location in Vermont. The contributions focused on programs supporting children and families as well as improving local recreation opportunities.
The Summit Foundation received a $250,000 grant from the donation. The funds will go toward Catch Afterschool and Mountain Futures Center. Catch Afterschool serves 250 children across the county and the grant will help continue to give the students care for another two years. Mountain Futures Center offers financial support to Summit County students for post-secondary education and college.
Trending In: Local
- Breckenridge Ski Resort extends ski season through Memorial Day for first time since ’90s
- No one injured or missing in skier-triggered avalanche at Loveland Ski Area
- Inbounds avalanche at Taos Ski Valley buries 2 men near summit
- Can modular homes save ski towns?
- Gibbs resigns as commissioner for Polis cabinet post, Democrats will appoint a successor