Vail Resorts names new retail COO
September 23, 2016
VR names new retail COO
Vail Resorts, Inc., announced Greg Sullivan as the company's new retail chief operating officer on Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Sullivan joins the Broomfield-based company after a career as an executive with casual footwear business Crocs since 2013, and a nearly two decade's-long career with Walmart starting in 1993. He holds a master's degree in business administration from the University of Denver and earned his bachelor's from the University of Washington. He also serves as a mentor for the University of Colorado Leeds Business Council.
As a division president with Walmart, he was responsible for $24 billion in revenue, 325 retail stores and more than 100,000 employees. With Crocs, Sullivan worked as its global transformation senior vice president, shaping the operational, market and strategic programs, and supplying product to customers in more than 90 countries.
"I am confident that Greg's extensive experience and expertise in retail, and his leadership track record will help continue to reimagine the future potential of Vail Resorts retail and drive success for our retail group," Rob Katz, chairman and CEO of Vail Resorts, said in a news release.
Sullivan replaces current Vail resorts retail COO Kat Jobanputra, who has been with the company since 2010. Jobanputra worked for Specialty Sports Venture, which Vail acquired, since 1994.
Trending In: Local
- Colorado River District unveils six principles for water-use reductions for all users
- Bill introduced to name Frisco post office after fallen Flight for Life pilot
- Dillon Ranger District campgrounds to close for season on Oct. 7
- Dillon man wins Summit County Rotary Club’s annual car raffle
- Colorado Association of Ski Towns releases report to spur transportation changes in resort communities