Vail Underpass construction to resume in early April
March 17, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation will resume construction on the Interstate 70 Vail Underpass project. The project is in the final phase of completion. Contractors will return to Vail next week, with crews doing stonework through March.
On April 3, crews will continue with frontage road work. Lane closures will begin at the same time for crews to restripe lanes in preparation for frontage road detours. Detours will start on April 24. Crews expect to work on the roads from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the project. The final phase of construction is focusing on the underpass roundabouts. The project is scheduled to be completed by fall of this year.
Trending In: Local
- Vote to save the Tabor. Leadville’s iconic Tabor Opera House the only Colorado site selected for national preservation campaign
- Outlets to host Wednesday hiring event featuring dozens of big-name brands
- Dillon Dam Road to close for scheduled maintenance Oct.15-19
- Brecknridge’s Beaver Run spa boasts new perks after $100,000 remodel
- Summit Sheriff’s Office awarded grant for search and rescue