Vail Underpass construction to resume in early April
March 17, 2017
The Colorado Department of Transportation will resume construction on the Interstate 70 Vail Underpass project. The project is in the final phase of completion. Contractors will return to Vail next week, with crews doing stonework through March.
On April 3, crews will continue with frontage road work. Lane closures will begin at the same time for crews to restripe lanes in preparation for frontage road detours. Detours will start on April 24. Crews expect to work on the roads from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. during the project. The final phase of construction is focusing on the underpass roundabouts. The project is scheduled to be completed by fall of this year.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- La Escondida: A hidden-gem bakery in Silverthorne