Western Colorado annual summer beekeepers meeting June 10
June 2, 2017
With the interest in noncommercial beekeeping continuing to grow, the Colorado State Beekeepers Association will host a summer Bee College at the Garfield County Fairgrounds in Rifle on June 10.
Members of the public are invited to come listen to guest lectures and attend the hands-on demos. Speakers include Greg Swob, president of the Kansas Honey Producers, and the University of Minnesota's Katie Lee, who is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on hygienic behavior in honeybees. Author Don Studinski will also hold a talk about certified natural beekeeping.
For more information or to register, contact Ed Colby, president of the Colorado State Beekeepers Association, at 970-984-0419. Sign up is also available online at coloradobeekeepers.org.
Trending In: Local
- Frisco releases summer race schedule
- Breckenridge swearing in new police chief on April 23
- Boulder’s Mark Williams delightfully disrupting best-laid Democratic campaign plans
- ‘Skiing off to war’ presents story of 10th Mountain Division Wednesday
- Man killed in avalanche near Breckenridge ID’ed as experts warn of heightened danger
- Copper Mountain Resort pond skim fiasco could lead to felony charges for man who tried to jump crowd (with video)
- Summit County and the rest of the High Country may see up to 8 inches of snow later this week
- Summit County real estate sales slow down in March
- Breckenridge pot shops nabbed at least 178 fake IDs since January 2017
- Breckenridge to have 1K acres of skiable terrain through Sunday, most all on Peak 8