Western Colorado annual summer beekeepers meeting June 10
June 2, 2017
With the interest in noncommercial beekeeping continuing to grow, the Colorado State Beekeepers Association will host a summer Bee College at the Garfield County Fairgrounds in Rifle on June 10.
Members of the public are invited to come listen to guest lectures and attend the hands-on demos. Speakers include Greg Swob, president of the Kansas Honey Producers, and the University of Minnesota's Katie Lee, who is considered one of the world's foremost authorities on hygienic behavior in honeybees. Author Don Studinski will also hold a talk about certified natural beekeeping.
For more information or to register, contact Ed Colby, president of the Colorado State Beekeepers Association, at 970-984-0419. Sign up is also available online at coloradobeekeepers.org.
Trending In: Local
- 62-year-old Dillon woman dies skydiving in California
- Summit County to consider draft of short-term rental regulations at Tuesday meeting
- ‘We knew it was arson’; Vail’s 1998 arson fires at Two Elk were the country’s ‘worst eco-terrorist attack’
- Summit County Coroner’s Office hosts Frisco Zombie Walk
- Summit High, Middle schools to hold ribbon cutting ceremonies
- Skier captures early season Loveland Pass avalanche on video
- Silverthorne backs 110 with hope for Exit 205
- 15-hour standoff outside of Breckenridge ends peacefully
- At Arapahoe Basin Ski Area’s opening day, shredders share their new ski season resolutions
- Dillon celebrates first year successes of revamped amphitheater, looks ahead to 2019